- Talentsquare: Talentsquare SPRL, with registered offices at Cour de la Copenne 12, 7181 Arquennes, Belgium, registered with the Crossroad Bank of Enterprises under company number 0641.685.385;
- Account: an Applicant’s personal account or an Employer’s company account on Talentsquare;
- Applicant: a natural person whose CV is submitted to Talentsquare either by the Applicant himself or by an Employer;
- Basic CV: the Applicant’s CV, as submitted to Talentsquare by the Applicant and possibly amended afterwards, and as structured by the Talentsquare system;
- CV: the curriculum vitae of an Applicant, as available on the Talentsquare website. A CV may, inter alia, include the Applicant’s personal information and information relating to the Applicant’s education, work and competencies, as well as any documentation and information supporting the content of the curriculum vitae. A CV can either be a Basic CV or an Enriched CV;
- Employer: any natural person or legal person which is subscribed to Talentsquare for the purposes of screening CVs of employees and/or possible future employees. Employers also have an Account on the Talentsquare website;
- Enriched CV: a version of the Basic CV that is verified by Talentsquare (whether or not via Referees), enriched by Talentsquare with external data, and/or completed pursuant to On Demand Services (as applicable);
- Law: Directive 95/46/EC and/or any national laws implementing this Directive, such as the Belgian Data Protection Act of 8 December 1992;
- Means of Access: the username and password required for an Applicant to access his Account, or required for an Employer to use Talentsquare;
- On Demand Services: services provided by Talentsquare to an Employer or an Applicant with respect to a specific CV, including (but not limited to) language tests and competency tests;
- Referee: any natural person confirming an Applicant’s claims on his CV, and providing input with respect to the Applicant’s competencies upon Talentsquare’s request;
- Talentsquare: the CV processing service and system operated by Talentsquare, available through www.Talentsquare.com.
2. Data collected by Talentsquare
Through Talentsquare, Talentsquare collects the following personal data:
- CVs from Applicants (either Basic CVs or Enriched CVs, as explained below in sections 3 and 4);
- data contained in the Account of the Applicants and Employers, in particular the Means of Access;
- browser data: standard information that a web browser sends to every website visited (such as the IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses);
- the purchase and use of credits;
3. Basic CV
CVs are submitted to Talentsquare by the Applicant, possibly based on a form that was partially pre-filled by the Employer. Following the submission of a CV, Talentsquare will create an Account for the Applicant, or update Applicant’s existing Account, and create or update the Basic CV.
Through his Account, an Applicant may at all times access and update his Basic CV.
4. Enriched CV
Upon an Employer’s request, Talentsquare may enrich Basic CVs via:
- Referees, which will confirm the Applicant’s claims on his Basic CV and/or provide input with respect to the Applicant’s competencies;
- On Demand Services, such as language tests, assessments or training sessions. These On Demand Services can also be independently requested by the Applicant; and/or
- Talentsquare’s own insights, such as the quality of education or career progression.
- The Applicant explicitly acknowledges and accepts that Talentsquare has the right to contact Referees in the Applicant’s name by e-mail or phone, in order to invite them to provide input with respect to the Applicant’s competencies.
For reasons of objectivity, an Applicant will not be able to fully access his Enriched CV via his Account.
The Referee feedback that is used for an Enriched CV shall be made available on a strictly anonymous basis, i.e. the identity of a Referee shall never be disclosed to any Applicant or Employer, although the textual comments made by the Referee may be made visible to Employers Furthermore, the Applicant shall only see partial feedback from the Referees, and always in aggregated form.
The feedback provided by Referees shall be considered final, and cannot be changed by the Applicant for reasons of objectivity.
5. Role of Talentsquare and Employers
Applicants should be aware that both Talentsquare and Employers use the CVs for their own purposes and in different contexts, as further described in this section 5.5.1 Employers
Employers can freely access the full content of CVs from Applicants whom they invited to submit their CV to Talentsquare. After payment, Employers can also obtain full access to CVs from other Applicants.
Employers may use the CVs via the Talentsquare platform for various purposes, namely: soliciting their employment, comparing CVs by possible use of filtering and sorting mechanism, conducting online direct marketing campaigns by using the tools offered by Talentsquare and enriching Basic CVs (as described in section 4).
In this context, Employers act as a “data controller” (as defined by applicable Law) with respect to any CVs they access, use or process in any other way via Talentsquare. Any such processing is performed for the Employer’s own purposes, and the Employers are solely responsible for complying with applicable Law in this regard (including with respect to its obligation to inform Applicants and to provide Applicants with a right to access and rectification).
In case an Applicant is of the opinion that an Employer incorrectly uses his CV, the Applicant must contact the Employer. Accordingly, any claim relating to an Employer’s use of a CV must be directed to such Employer.5.2 Talentsquare
Talentsquare has different roles in the context of CVs:
- Talentsquare acts as a “data processor” (as defined by applicable Law) when it enriches a Basic CV at the request of a particular Employer, or when it filters and sorts CV-related data at the request of an Employer. If an Applicant questions such processing performed by Talentsquare at the request of a specific Employer, the Applicant must contact the Employer.
- After and outside this enrichment context, Talentsquare acts as a “data controller” when it operates the Talentsquare platform (e.g., to store CVs and to make CVs available to various Employers).
6. Purpose of the processing
Talentsquare may process CVs, Referee feedback and Employer information for the following purposes:
- ensuring the correct functioning of the Talentsquare service;
- ensuring payment for the Talentsquare service;
- display of personalised advertisements on the Website;
- investigating and developing new functionality of the Talentsquare service;
- market intelligence (e.g. to calculate average employment durations in certain industries);
While CVs shall not be shared with or disclosed to third parties other than Employers and Referees, Talentsquare may provide third parties with statistical information about the CVs in its database. As the information will be presented in aggregated, statistical form, these third parties will not be able to deduct any personal information about particular Employers, Applicants or Referees.
Talentsquare will from time to time use an Applicant’s or an Employer’s email address to send newsletters or other emails with relevant commercial information about Talentsquare, its affiliates or other parties that may be of interest to an Applicant or an Employer. Talentsquare shall never share email addresses with any party other than its own affiliates. Information with regard to ensuring payment for the Talentsquare service may be shared with third party service providers (and their own contractual parties) who will process this data solely to perform payment transaction services; this data could be transferred to countries outside of the European Union to which you consent.
Talentsquare shall process the Means of Access solely for the purposes of enabling Applicants and Employers to use Talentsquare.
7. Visibility of an Account
Through his Account, an Applicant can at any time control whether Employers are able to view the content of the CV.
The Applicant can choose to make his CV visible (hereinafter referred to as “Visible”) to Employers. This means that interested Employers will be able:
- to see the CV of the Applicant.
- to add the CV of the Applicant to their recruitment pool.
- to contact the Applicant.
The CV of an Applicant who has entered Talentsquare in response to a specific job advertisement of an Employer using Talentsquare will, by contrast, be automatically Visible to that Employer at any moment and as long as the Talent account exists.
Please note that whilst an Applicant’s CV is not Visible, the Applicant can still receive job advertisements from Employers.
The Applicant should be aware that Talentsquare cannot prevent that an Employer who has access to his/her CV through Talentsquare, may also (partially) copy this CV in its own HR system. Talentsquare has no control over such use of a CV.
8. Activation of an Account
Through his Account, an Applicant can at any time inform Employers whether he is or is not currently looking for a job by making his profile active respectively inactive (hereinafter referred to as “Active”and “Inactive”).
The Applicant should be aware that Talentsquare cannot prevent that an Employer who has access to his CV through Talentsquare, may also (partially) copy this CV in its own HR system. Talentsquare has no control over such use of a CV.
9. Account deletion
Talentsquare shall store all account data until the Account is deleted in accordance with this section 9.
The Applicant can request Talentsquare to delete his Account from Talentsquare. The Account will then be put offline for a period of three (3) months in order to prevent accidental deletion, after which period it shall be automatically deleted. However, Talentsquare cannot prevent Employers that previously gained access to the Applicant’s CV, to have stored a (partial) copy of the CV.
If an Account is not used during a period of twelve months, Talentsquare will send a reminder to verify whether the Applicant or Employer wants to maintain his Account. In case no answer is received, the Account will be deleted after a period of three (3) months.
In case an Account is deleted, Employers which had access to the CV of such Account will be notified.
Applicant has the right, free of charge, to gain insight into the content and correctness of his CV (and, where relevant, to correct any incorrect personal data). Talentsquare shall grant such insight upon receipt of a postal letter at Talentsquare SPRL, Cour de la Copenne 12, 7181 Arquennes, Belgium, mentioning Applicant’s Means of Access.
Referees and Employers also have the right, free of charge, to gain insight into their own personal data being processed by Talentsquare (and, where relevant, to correct any incorrect personal data). Talentsquare shall grant such insight upon receipt of a postal letter at Talentsquare SPRL, Cour de la Copenne 12, 7181 Arquennes, Belgium, mentioning all relevant identification details.